Chickpea recipes that I enjoy
Since reading articles about chickpeas helping vitiligo, I’ve been experimenting with different recipes. I figured since I can’t get the ointment scientists used in their studies, consuming the chickpeas would be a good place to start. Here are a few recipes that were simple enough for me to make and they were delicious. If you have a recipe you’d like to share, email it to me and i will post it to the site.Punjabi Choley
This is a quick and healthy recipes and good for children as well as it contains the wholesome ChickPeas.
1. Boiled Chick Peas 2 Cups. ( or you can use the Canned Chickpeas which are preboiled, simply wash them in cold running water in a seive)
2. Potato 1 Nos Medium size Boiled in the jacket ( or microwaved for 4 minutes or so)
3.Chopped Coriander leaves
4.Chopped Green Chili 1 Nos
5. Chat Masala 2 Tablespoon( this can be obtained ready made from Indian Grocery shops)
6. Red Tamarind Chutney ( see this site for the recipe) 3 Tablespoons
7. Diced Onion 1 Medium size
8. Diced Tomato 1 Nos
9. Salt (to taste)
10. Ginger julien strips small
1. The potato should be boiled and once cooled cut in small cubes.
2. The Chickpeas should be boiled in plenty of water and then drained and washed.
3. Take diced onion, tomato and chopped green chilies and coriander and mix everything a a mixing bowl along with the chick peas.
4. Add the Chat Masala and pour the Tamarind Chutney on top and mix lightly.
5. Squeeze some lime juice or Lemon Juice on top.
You can control the amount of green chillies, chat masala to make it less or more spicy.
If you do not have the Tamarind Chutney then you can only do it with the Lime or Lemon juice.